Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Chanced upon....

...this quote in the film ‘Evan Almighty’. For those of you who have seen ‘Bruce Almighty’ you’ll recognise the geeky reporter as Evan.

There’s a scene where Evan’s wife leaves him and that’s when god appears to her and says…

God: Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?

(Ok! Strong poetic words that emote feelings isn’t my forte…..guess even an imbecile would have come to that conclusion if he’d have read any of my other posts. So don’t kill me for this one J )

On a crazier note I think people should be happy to be alive after all the shit that’s happened to Mumbai in the recent times.

Whatever be the state of the city, we still go to work each morning with that ‘I don’t give a rat’s ass’ attitude.

Would we ever change? ...(can’t say anything about myself…coz I don’t know anything about myself anyway)

No comments: