Friday, January 11, 2013

Twist


I’m always confronted with ‘what kind of music do you play in your band’.
And I really don’t know what to say.
It’s like asking me what has influenced me to write a particular sentence or a paragraph. I can’t pinpoint anything in specific. Coz it’s all coming out from my head.

I’m sure the music I create, somewhere or the other, appeals to something I’ve heard in the past.
It could be something that I like listening to. Or something that must have played as a background score on some serial that I happened to glace at, while I furiously flipped to the next channel.

Why is it so important for anyone to know ‘What kind of music does your band reflect’?
To me it reflects ambiguous things.  A feeling sometimes. A joke at others. A thought. A scenario. A riff that lends itself to words. Words that lend themselves to a melody.

I don’t care where it comes from, or what it represents.

So long as it’s fun to experience.

No comments: