Saturday, June 03, 2006

Don’t judge a book by its cover.....or its picture

Its been very rare that I have got my hands on a new PC game and installed it myself. I do remember the time that I use to go to my cousin Ralph’s place and try out all those old chip cd’s he had stacked under his keyboard drawer .

( I still remember of all the times I would sneak into the stack and pry out some games and load them on the comp and then not know how to get then off. Only to be caught later in the evening )

In any case my point is that when you load these games, to cut the boredom of seeing a blank screen the developers put in a few stills of the game while you wait for it to load onto the comp.
Now these still would make you think – “man what an awesome game…amazing graphics”
But the truth of it all would be revealed once you actually go ahead and get started on the game .
It would then dawn upon you that what you saw was just a gimmick to make you think that the game was much cooler than it actually is. Before the start of the game too there would be a promo of other games under the same developer ( well most of the games I talk about are from the Electronic Arts stable)

But the other day I got my paws on this game called “total overdose”. Now I aint going to be reviewing the game ( if you think I was going there)
Now while I was loading it the pictures displayed didn’t look all that great. And in my head I could hear a voice say “ dude this game sucks ….if the pics look so ‘normal’ I just cant begin to imagine how lousy the game is going to be “

So I start up the game..And I am greeted with the promo of the game. Now this too has the quality of almost the same as the pictures. So my mind goes back into the whole mode of how the game is going to be.

So I try to put all that behind me hoping for the worst game I have played.

But to my surprise the game looked and felt much like the promos ( which I now realise were really true to what the game actually is )

And the game itself was good to say the least ( am I actually going to end up reviewing the game …..errr……….well…….nope!!!! )

On a totally different topic my friend sent me this link …the best time pass advertising link I have ever seen …………

http://www.axefeather.com/index_pop.aspx?referred=&country=uk

….a must visit according to me.

No comments: