Wednesday, June 14, 2006

How smart /dumb can you be?

PART 1
So I am traveling by train back to borivali - wind in my face and a portfolio in my bag that has seen all the ad agencies in b’bay. And in come a whole bunch of strangers ( who were well ….looking pretty strange to me …if not anyone else).
These aunties came right next to me and rested their fat asses. Now if the train was packed like a can of sardines, I wouldn’t mind the my-ass-your-thigh treatment from them. But woman cant u see the whole freaking train is empty ……do u HAVE to sit ( all eight of you’ll)…in one row .

Now as it turns out, I am sitting at the only sweet spot in a train ( window with wind-in-face ...remember)

So I gladly abandon the uncomfortable position that I held , and moved to the opposite side- without the wind of course.

I believe it was a clever ploy to get me out of the sweet spot – and it worked!!!

PART 2
Ok now I exit the train. And to my surprise, I am on the other end of borivali station.
They have apparently made a new platform number seven (more like platform number 0.5…cause it comes before the first platform ). This new platform is so far away from the others that if you get into the train at the rear end ….you could touch kandivali…..and I am not kidding!!!!

Now there are underground paths made in order to facilitate the public to traverse from one platform to the others at this end (the overhead bridges have always been there to perform this task ). But I would be damned if someone actually uses these undergrounds.

On that day I saw a couple of ladies ( all sari clad and all )…..crossing the tracks

The authorities have erected barricades so that passengers do not cross the tracks.
So in order to cross from platform no.2 to platform no.7 one has to not only walk a distance to cross the barricade but also jump the device meant to stop trains on end stations (such as borivali and churchgate )
What I don’t get is that why would anyone go through all the trouble of walking a distance..and jumping devices ….when it makes more sense to just move your ass through the underground.

1 comment:

rakshitdoshi said...

i think you should interview these individuals, make a report and then make a small documentary about it. sell it to discovery and answer your question about peoples sillyness. that way you make money and history at the same time. call it "my urge to answer the useless questions... the series part-1" etc... what say?